The 2013 Season In High Home Runs

Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.cuisine.at Foren-Übersicht -> Test Forum 1
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
sherry2018love

BeitragVerfasst am: Mo Jul 17, 2017 1:59 pm    Titel: The 2013 Season In High Home Runs Antworten mit Zitat

If youve been after this series from the start, this post doesnt need any introduction. If you havent, youre probably not starting now, so this post doesnt need any introduction. If this counts being an introduction, then, Im certain that its entirely unnece sary. If this doesnt count being an introduction, then, what does it count as? A waste of time, is most likely a popular suggestion.
Here are the first three installments, from earlier in the week:
The 2013 Season In Inside Home RunsThe 2013 Season In Outside Home RunsThe 2013 Season In Low Home RunsThis post will do exactly what the others did Jeff Cumberland Jersey it will document the best pitches from the 2013 season which were hit for home runs. It appears that would close the books on the neat and tidy four-part series. Yet this could be expanded if you take into consideration each hitters personal strike zone, to come up with relative pitch height. Then we could have new lowest home runs, and new highest home runs, depending on how the numbers shook out. Im not sure why I didnt do it this way from the beginning, but I didnt, and the actual today penning this, and I imagine that the upside is Ive left for myself future content ideas, because of my own sloppine s. Thats what writers prefer to call a trade secret.
Per usual, its going to be a top-five list, with screenshots and links to video. Help was supplied by Baseball Savant and the ESPN Home Run Tracker. As noted previously, the average pitch hit for a homer last year was 2.51 feet off the ground in front of the plate, and also the standard deviation was about 0.49, therefore the point three standard deviations above the mean is 3.97. The following home runs were hit against pitches higher than that. The only real conclusion we can tap into this really is the entire field of statistical probability is a steaming pile of stinky beans. Youre throwing your time away, mathemagicians.
Just mi sing their email list: a pitch thrown by Boone Logan to Prince Fielder on April 5, a pitch thrown by Drew Pomeranz to Paul Goldschmidt on July 6, and a pitch thrown by Sergio Santos to Mark Reynolds on April 3. Maybe youre sad that you wont get to see Paul Goldschmidt. I've good news! Maybe youre sad that you simply wont get to see Mark Reynolds. I dont have good news. I actually do have this list, starting now.
(5) James Loney, July 26, vs. Adam Warren
video highlight
4.06 feet off the ground
As having a homer earlier in this post series, if you click on the video highlight, you see it tagged with Michelin Longest Drives. According to the Homer Tracker, the homer were built with a calculated distance of 352 feet, 45 feet underneath the MLB average. It had been tied for Loneys shortest homer of year, also it was the weakest as measured by speed off bat. Its that sort of careful attention to detail thats allowed Michelin to become the industry leader in the field of anything they suck at. I dont know Manuel Asprilla Jersey , I havent done the research, thats too detailed for me. I dont ever be worried about details. Thats how I was promoted to president of Michelin!
(4) Evan Gattis, April 13, vs. Stephen Strasburg
video highlight
4.06 feet off the ground
Evan Gattis homered in the big-league debut, and he homered against Roy Halladay, but Halladay was pretty clearly pitching like a shell of his former self. Shortly thereafter, Gattis homered again, but he homered against Wade LeBlanc. Then he homered again, but he homered against Alex Sanabia. A few days later, he did this to Stephen Strasburg. The fastball was from the zone, it left the hand at 96 mph, along with a bare-handed Gattis simply clubbed the pitch nine miles, or some distance le s than that. This was when Gattis really and truly announced his presence as a big-leaguer to bother with. The Evan Gattis story continues to be written, however this homer probably occupies an instalment. After this, Evan Gattis wasnt just an idea anymore.
(3) Paul Goldschmidt, September 24, vs. Tyson Ro s
video highlight
4.07 feet off the ground
The third-highest pitch hit for a homer, and Goldschmidt hit it towards the opposite field, in Petco Park. And Ro s threw the pitch almost 96 mph, which, when elevated, comes with an Dan Feeney Jersey increased perceived velocity towards the hitter. Something Ive learned from making a whole couple of .gifs and screenshots is that catchers routinely close their eyes once the ball is on its way, so Nick Hundley isnt actually doing anything weird above, but its fun to a sume that this is how catchers respond when Paul Goldschmidt initiates his swing mechanics. Its like when you can watch the fuse burn down on a cannon youre right next to. You realize, like when youre in war?
The pitch, incidentally, was added too an 0-and-2 count. Heres where Hundley setup:
Not a poor mi s, said the operator of a medieval trebuchet.
(2) Brian McCann, August 2, vs. Ethan Martin
video highlight
4.07 feet off the ground
Click right through to that video highlight. As you watch it, youll know that this was the second-highest pitch hit for any home run of the year. Youll apt to be expecting something that looks extreme. Yet McCann looks totally comfortable, the swing looks normally powerful, and also the homer doesnt seem particularly insane at full speed. It just looks crazy in retrospect, because it turns out home runs are selective for swings that worked well against pitches that got barreled up. Heres Brian McCann making something remarkable look ordinary. This is actually the reverse of his on-field defensive persona.
(1) Alex Rios, April 24, vs. Zach McAllister
video highlight
4.30 feet from the ground
First thing I notice: against a hitter as tall and straight-up as Rios, an extremely high homer pitch appears like a regular high homer pitch. Second thing I notice: how many individuals are paying absolutely zero attention. Even the mascot literally has its own back turned, making polite conversation with a man leaning over the tunnel. We dont pay for entertainment. We purchase po sibilities to be removed from locations of anxiety. The ballpark is really a safe space, regardle s of whats happening on the field. The experience is simply about being there. Team attendance doesnt reflect team succe s or entertainment value. It just tells us which populations are the most and least stre sed out. Seems like Miamis a fairly Brad Sorensen Jersey chill city.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    www.cuisine.at Foren-Übersicht -> Test Forum 1 Alle Zeiten sind GMT
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.