Proofing yeast bread:
Make your favorite yeast bread recipe and follow these basic directions for proofing (raising) dough.
1. Prepare dough according to recipe directions. (do not select a recipe that makes more than 2 loaves.)
2. Place dough in a well greased large glass bowl. Brush top of dough with oil. Cover loosely with plastic wrap.
3. Place 3 cups of warm water in a 10 inch glass or glass ceramic pie plate or 10 inch glass square dish. Place bowl of dough in water.
4. Set Power Select at Warm; heat for 25 to 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size. Dough has risen when two fingertips lightly pressed about 1/4 inch into dough leave an impression.
5. Punch dough down, shape into loaves. Place dough in well greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/3 glas loaf dishes. Repeat proofing procedure if your recipe directs. Note, two 8 1/2 loaf pands will fit into a
6. Bake conventionally according to recipe directions.
from the Panasonic Microwave Cookbook
*Courtesy of The HomesteadBBS (615) 385 9421*