1. Preheat oven to 350F. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 1/2 cups water to boiling over high heat; stir in bulgur. Remove saucepan from heat; cover and set aside.
2. In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, and red pepper; cook 5 minutes. Add cabbage stems, and cook 7 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
3. Reduce heat to low; add garlic, green onions, and ginger, and cook 1 minute longer, stirring. Add 1/2 cup water; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 minute, stirring. Remove Dutch oven from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and cooked bulgur.
4. In small bowl, combine tomatoes with their juice, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, and 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
5. In 3-quart casserole, place half of cabbage leaves; top with bulgur mixture, then remaining cabbage leaves. Spoon tomato mixture over top. Cover casserole and bake 40 minutes or until hot in the center and top layer of cabbage leaves is wilted. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Makes 6 main-dish servings. Each serving: About 220 calories, 7 g protein, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g total fat (0 g saturated), 0 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium. Scanned, Typed or Downloaded and Busted by Marcia Fasy feb98