1. Trim the lamb of any excess fat. Preheat oven to 175 øC .
2. Mix together the spice mix ingredients, and rub over the lamb. Let= stand for 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a skillet. Sear the lamb until all sides are browned. = Remove lamb to a roasting pan.
4. Roast lamb for 35 to 40 minutes.
5. While the lamb is cooking, add onions and peppers to the skillet used= for searing the lamb. Saute until soft.
6. Add tomatoes, chicken stock, basil, lemon, and chili powder. Bring to a= boil, and add the rice. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed.
Author's Notes: This is a spicy lamb dish that I picked up originally from a local= newspaper.
Often when boning a leg of lamb you end up with a very ragged piece of= meat. Just chop it up into boxy pieces and use more spice mix to cover all= the surfaces. You will be slicing up the roast before serving anyhow.
Difficulty : easy. Precision : : : measure the spices.