1. Heat oven to 350 degress. Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl combine corn, sour cream, oil, eggs, onion, green pepper and jalapeno pepper.
3. In a large bowl combined cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
4. Add corn mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until cornmeal is moistened. Mixture should still be lumpy.
5. Pour half the mixture into greased baking pan, top with cheese andthen remaining batter.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until center springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in the pan on a wire rack 5 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
spicy moist bread, full of melting cheese.