How To Prepare:
1. Rinse chicken and place in large stock pot. Add all stock ingredients and fill with cold water. Keep 2 inches of water covering ingredients. Simmer over low heat, uncovered for 3 hours.
2. Skim foam from surface, but do not stir. Strain through 2 layers of rinsed cheesecloth. Discard bones and vegetables.
3. Chill stock and remove small layer of fat. Refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze.
1. Cut chicken breasts into strips. Set aside.
2. Put sesame oil in skillet on high heat.
3. Saute garlic and ginger. Use a wooden spoon, making sure not to let the garlic get too brown.
4. Lower heat to medium and add chicken strips, cooking until all sides are white but still raw inside. Remove chicken and place in a bowl.
5. Return skillet to high heat and add red peppers, carrots, celery, scallions, mushrooms, broccoli, water chestnuts and soy sauce. Stir-fry until vegetables are hot but not limp.
6. Combine cold chicken stock, all-fruit and cornstarch. Place chicken back into skillet and pour in stock mix. Cook until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked.
7. Serves 6 on a bed of rice or mixed greens.
model and actress. As if that weren't enough, she also owns her own restaurant-Toukie's, in the West Village. "I came from a family that when they said butter, they meant butter, " says Toukie. "This stir-fry recipe used to have a stick of butter in it. I called it Sassy Treadmill Chicken. What I do now is lighten everything up, because there is only so much you can do on the treadmill." For this stir-fry, she does not use a wok, because it collects grease; she prefers a flat pan. Sassy, Sweet Stir-Fry Chicken
Healthy Recipes are provided by Our Home.
Formatted using Mc Buster by Barb at Pk