1. Rub the butter into the flour and add the salt.
2. Put the egg into a well in the centre of the flour and add the yeast mixture. Mix with a little warm water and knead.
3. Shape into a ball and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour.
4. Cook the onions in the oil for about 10 minutes, covered, so that they are very soft.
5. Then add the salted, drained aubergines and cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6. Add the skinned and chopped tomatoes and the chopped coriander.
7. Combine the tomato paste with the garlic and add to the mixture. Season to taste and stir thoroughly.
8. Shape the dough into four equal balls and pat out into 5-inch (12cm) rounds with the palms of your hands.
9. Place on a well-greased baking tray and fill each circle with the mixture. Cover each one with grated cheese, decorate with the olives, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
cold as part of a buffet table. They look really appetising amongst a selection of salads, especially if you make them very small, and they will vanish in no time !