1. Finely chop the garlic and shallot.
2. Add 55g of butter to approximately 1 pint of boiling water in a shallow saut, style pan. Add the thyme into this liquor and season.
3. Clean, wash and debeard the mussels. Remove all the barnacles and heat up a frying pan until smoking hot.
4. Now add the mussels to this pan and immediately a good 150ml of white wine.
5. Whilst mussels are cooking, poach the salmon pieces in the water, butter and thyme liquor.
6. Cover the salmon with a butter wrapper or a piece of grease proof paper and turn the pan down to a simmer for approximately 5 / 6 minutes to poach the salmon.
7. Poach noodles in a sauce pan in boiling water with a little olive oil and seasoning. Cook for 2 / 3 minutes and drain.
8. Make a tower (using a fork) of the pasta and serve in the centre of a deep bowl.
9. Add the remainder of butter to the mussels and move white wine if necessary and then the chopped herbs and tomatoes.
10. Serve the salmon around the pasta with the mussels scattered around and the sauce over