1. In an 8-quart pot saute the onion, garlic, and green pepper in 3 Tbsp. Of stock for 5 minutes.
2. Add two-thirds of the scallions, the rice, and tomatoes, and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, adding a little more of the stock if necessary.
3. Add the cubed turkey ham, the three peppers, cumin, allspice, and the remaining stock, and cook on very low heat, covered for 40 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Taste for spiciness. You can add 5-6 drops of Tabasco sauce (I prefer Louisiana Gold Sauce) for a more pungent flavor.
5. Serve garnished with parsley and the remaining scallions.
Each serving has approximately 276 calories, 16.4 g. Protein, 3.4 g. Total fat (1.9 g. Unsaturated fat, 0.9 g. Saturated fat), 45.7 g. Carbohydrates, 59 mg. Cholesterol, 4.5 g. Fiber, 331 mg. Sodium, 67 mg. Calcium
Exchanges per serving: 1 meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.