* Note pk means 1 pouch containing 85 ml. ** Afood processor may be used.
1. Wash jars and lids in hot soapy water, rinse and sterilize jars and lids by (1) boiling in water for 15 minutes (leave in water til needed.) Lids may be sterilized by placing in boiling water and boiling 5 minutes(leave in warm water til needed.) Utensils should also be sterilized.
2. Stem and crush well, one layer at a time, fully ripe berries. Seive half of pulp to remove seeds if desired.
3. Using a liquid measuring cup, measure the exact amount of prepared fruit required and add to a large 4 to 8 qt pan. The pan should be no more than half full to allow mixture to reach a full rolling boil. Add lemon juice if required. 1/8 tsp butter may be added to reduce foaming.
4. Measure sugar. Do Not Reduce Sugar. Add the exact amount of sugar specified and mix well.
5. Place pan over high heat; bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
6. At once stir in Certo liquid.
7. Skim off foam with a metal spoon. Stir and skim for 5 minutes.
8. Pour quickly into prepared jars leaving 1/4 inch head room.
9. Seal jam at once with 2 piece metal lids or paraffin wax.
seive, if desired.
Typed at you by The MoM!