Two Large servings - serve will grilled meat or broiled fish.
1. Place bulgur in deep ovenproof bowl. Pour boiling water over and let bulgur soak for 1 hour. Transfer to a fine mesh strainer and drain thoroughly. Place strainer over a bowl and squeeze out excess moisture.
2. Transfer bulgur to a bowl. Add onion, parsley and mint. Mix thoroughly with a fork to combine.
3. Place lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Stir with a fork to combine. Add oil, a little at a time and beat with a fork to combine. Spoon dressing over salad and mix thoroughly with fork. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. (May be prepared 5 hours before serving). Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
4. Lightly toss salad with 2 forks. Add tomatoes and toss once again. (Adding the tomatoes just before serving will prevent the salad from getting soggy).
5. Arrange 2 romaine leaves on each salad plate. Spoon salad onto romaine and serve.
from The Long Life Cookbook, shared by Elizabeth Rodier